Use this section to add Beneficiaries to the case.
By adding beneficiaries, we will generate letters to heirs and probate forms (if necessary). Additionally, this will make them available to be selected for Distributions at that stage of the liquidation process.
To add a new beneficiary
- Select the Add New button in the top right corner.
- Enter the following information:
- Legacy type (see below for further information on this section)
- Contact information (phone number, email, mailing address, etc.)
- Relationship to the deceased
- Indicate whether the beneficiary is a minor, mentally incapable, and/or not being served
- If the following information is applicable to the case, indicate:
- Date of birth
- Date of death
- Allocation percentage
- Cash bequest
- Money owed to the deceased
- Information of a legal representative
- Click the Add button to complete the process.
To edit a beneficiary
- Click the three ellipses next to the chosen beneficiary's name.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, choose "Edit."
- Ensure you click Save once you've made the appropriate changes.
Note: if the beneficiary you've added is also an acting executor, you can click on the three-dot menu, choose "Make executor" in the drop-down list, and that will automatically copy their details over to that section.
Specifics on legacy type
When adding a Beneficiary, select whether the individual is a Universal or Particular Beneficiary based on the type of legacy (or inheritance) they are entitled to.
|Legacy by General Title
Legacy by Particular Title
|Add these heirs as Universal Beneficiaries.
|Add heirs entitled to legacies within these categories exclusively as Particular Beneficiaries.
If the heir is entitled to both universal and general/particular legacies, denote them as a Universal Beneficiary. You can add specific cash bequests alongside their universal entitlement.