General overview of the Beneficiaries section
The beneficiaries sub-section allows you to add residuary or legacy beneficiaries to the case file.
To add a new beneficiary to a file, click on the "Add New" button.
To search for a beneficiary by name, enter their name into the search bar.
Click the ellipse icon (3 dots) in the top-right corner to change the allocation settings between percentage- and fraction-based allocations.
You can quickly identify the type and legacy type of each beneficiary by reviewing the details on the list.
To add a new beneficiary
By adding beneficiaries, we can generate forms and letters with the appropriate information. Additionally, this will make them available to be selected for Distributions at that stage of the liquidation process.
- Select the Add New button in the top right corner.
- Enter the following information:
- Legacy type (see below for further information on this section)
- Contact information (phone number, email, mailing address, etc.)
- Relationship to the deceased
- Indicate whether the beneficiary is a minor, mentally incapable, and/or not being served
- If the following information is applicable to the case, indicate:
- Date of birth
- Date of death
- Allocation percentage
- Cash bequest
- Money owed to the deceased
- Information of a legal representative
- Click the Add button to complete the process.
To edit a beneficiary
- Click the three ellipses next to the chosen beneficiary's name.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, choose "Edit."
- Ensure you click Save once you've made the appropriate changes.
Note: if the beneficiary you've added is also an acting executor, you can click on the three-dot menu, choose "Make executor" in the drop-down list, and that will automatically copy their details over to that section.