Transactions can be imported from a monthly bank statement in PDF format using DocuVision, our AI document parser.
Note that when importing new transactions, you must ensure that your file does not contain any transactions that already exist in our system, otherwise this will create duplicates.
To upload the PDF to the Estate Accounting section, follow the steps below.
- In the Estate Accounting module, click the three-dot menu on the top-right corner of the page.
- Choose Import in the drop-down menu.
- Drag your bank statement into Estateably (or click Select File to locate the document on your computer.)
- The import can take anywhere between 30 seconds to a few minutes to be parsed, depending on the size of your file. You can close the pop-up window in the meanwhile.
- Once your import is complete, you will see a red dot next to the bell icon in the top-right corner. Click on the bell to open the Notifications window, and choose the notification that indicates the extract is completed.
- Choose the Account that the transactions will go through, and select a default account type between Capital or Revenue. Click Next to move forward.
- Review the transactions, and make changes as you need. Click Save Transactions to finalize your import.
If you are still having difficulties, please create a support ticket by emailing email@example.com, or wait for a response if you've already created one.
If you've created a support ticket but solved your issue using this article, please let us know by responding to the follow-up email.