There are two ways you can open a trust file.
Opening a trust from an existing estate file
In the Estates tab, locate the estate file that you'd like to open a trust from.
Click on the three-dot menu, and select "Create trust."
Note that you will still need to go through the case creation wizard, but the responses will be pre-populated for you based on information from the estate.
Opening a trust file from scratch
Begin by accessing the Trusts tab, and clicking Add New Trust.
The Case Creation wizard will be opened. Add the following information as you are prompted:
- Jurisdiction (and courthouse, if applicable)
- Trust type (Inter Vivos or Testamentary)
- Trust discretion: between non-discretionary and discretionary
- (Optional) Upload the trust deed
- Settlor information: Name, address, date of birth, and, if testamentary, date of death
- Social insurance number of the settlor
- Mandate type (corporate trustee or acting on behalf of trustee)
- Trustee information
Review the details you've entered, and hit "Confirm" to save your changes. Once you are ready, you can click on the file to open it.